The Tower of San Michele
The tower dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel arose in 1691 together with the warehouse that is found on the same side of the port canal. It was designed as a tower to protect from incursions and assaults from the sea and to control the salt trade. First lighthouse of new Cervia, at the moment of its construction it was found on the seashore. The entrance to the tower was on the first floor, accessible by a staircase and a drawbridge. One of the four stone balls that embellished the ancient staircase, exhibited today beside the current entrance, is what remains of the ancient entrance.
Over time, the tower has changed use several times. It was the site of the barracks of the Finance Police until the 1960s, then home to the town library. The tourist information office is currently located on the ground floor.